16 May 2011

Yey to my New Cooking Buddies

Follow rokidoki on Twitter





My Tita Baby Gil (music critic of the Philippine Star, read her articles in the link) had asked me if I wanted a new oven & range for the longest time and I just said yes like, "yeah sure why not". She was asking me for specs and if I wanted to go with her choose one and I just kinda shrugged my shoulder like, "I dunno, maybe next time when I'm free or something".

Our current range & oven is like 12 years old if I'm not mistaken - would have been already in Grade 6 is it was schooling. While the range works just fine, just had burnt on filth and grime near the burners which we can carbon date and trace back to my earlier pancakes or curries or risottos. The oven's temperature distribution is not quite in equilibrium so I had to master the turning of the sheets in between the racks just to ensure everything cooks perfectly, though have failed sometimes.

Two Saturdays back after coming home from dinner and coffee, I just saw this beside the piano.



Wow! It's a new oven! Hahaha An Ariston C 34S G1 (X) EX, perfect for all the new recipes I intend to share with everyone (virtually and for the lucky folks whom I will be cooking for soon!).

nice polished metal finish too which is sleeker, more modern (cmpared to the old white oven)

and a rotisserie too! turkey soon? :)
here it is installed already!
But wait, there's more! Also found out that she got a new microwave oven! Same story, old one had cld spots already which did not cook and heat food evenly. Turntable would also sometimes stop spinning (sound like I'm so kawawa here) hahaha So here is the new GE Microwave Oven JE12340WPSL to complete my new Kitchen Helpers! So excited to cook more and more!


But then again, having the right tools is just half the battle! :) Thank you again Tita!!!

2 comments:

  1. Woah! Tita, I want some new equipment also! Joke. Wow, wow, wow! The oven looks nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Do you know how to use the oven?

    ReplyDelete