14 May 2011

Welcome D' Kitchen Bitchen

Follow rokidoki on Twitter






I do not just eat, I savour every morsel. I do not just feed, I romance one's palate.
I do not just cook, I make love with food.
I am D' Kitchen Bitchen

Don't get me all wrong, I am not here to insult or trash. I am here to give food some edge, a gustatory romancing if you may. Am here to show that every food experience goes beyond satiation - moments created, connections made, stories told. Food is such a powerful medium and I wish to share my experiences with all of you. :)

As starters, just wanted to take you on a photo journey of some documented food experiences from my different page archives. After going through these, I told myself to document every good [any maybe bad] food moment I will have from now on. Enjoy!


preparing roasted chicken from our culinary team building at Enderun

i love my Ben & Jerry's

ate insects (this cricket among others) in Bangkok
My day job allows me to be with some celebs too during press launches and event. I will promise to get more interesting moments next time, hopefully with other food & beverage brands and tummy-filling locations.
 
                                       
                                                          with Tessa Prieto-Valdez for viva! mineralized water

Powerade with Enchong Dee, Jon Avila and JayR

Powerade again with Carlos Agassi and Carmen Soo
Enchong Dee and Erich Gonzales for Real Leaf
  
Santa Clause for Coca-Cola (haha)
But more than food encounters, I cook a lot too. Corollary to that, I eat a lot as well. Here is a sampling of what I have been doing for some time now. All the experimentation, cooking shows, little classes here and there and piles of cookbooks I think paid off. I will upload our Saturday food fest after this post. :)

Deconstructed Butterfinger Cake - made the honeycomb myself
Cupcake version of the Deconstructed Butterfinger Cake


Black Forest Cake (German Chocolate and Flambeed Cherries)
Caramel Chip Cupcake with Mocha Butter Cream

which my niece, Alessa loves so much!
Kahlua Roll and Tropical Delight Roll
Sugar Free Banana Bread with Chocolate Glaze
Kahlua Cupcakes and Pink Margarita Cupcakes
Salted Fish Fried Rice, 7 Treasures, Black Forest
Roasted Duck with Apricots and Dates

Made your mouth water? That's what I'm talking about. My heart goes out to you for taking time to visit my [first] blog! Hope you keep on coming back. Let me know if you want me to review or test something and I'll see about that. Twitter and Facebook soon... I will let you know about those. ;)

BTW, pictured in the background are triple chocolate cookies! yum yum!

4 comments:

  1. i want the desserts! please bring some in the office please! :D

    congrats on the new blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW:) great job on this Roki...marunong ka pa lang magluto!!! exciting! her's to more good eats! Cathy Nicolay

    ReplyDelete
  3. ai, i will find time and bring some. it just means i have to cook a big batch!

    cathy, thanks! cooking really is my passion. cheers to good food and a good life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how come no picture with moi? your pinky sister? :)

    i want to taste test. i have been wanting to taste test for the longest time...now i want na rin to apply as your assistant pag saturday...i bump off na natin si niece :)

    ReplyDelete