28 June 2011

Hong Kong Food Trip: McDonald's Midnight Snack

Follow rokidoki on Twitter





2:00 am (I know too early...), after the 1st night out at Lan Kwai Fong or tagged by tourists as LKF, we were craving for something to munch on to take away alcohol's edge since we were to wake up early the following day. Was supposed to get street food but the one nearest the hotel was closed! Boo! IF all else fails, go to the golden arches!

In the spirit of food adventures, I got something "unfamiliar" and ordered a GCB which is a number 6 value meal - not knowing what it was and the picture of the menu board did not help too. Large fries and coke zero please!


They had a promo - free coke zero in can! Targeting nightowls and party goers (like us?)

It's an effin' Grilled Chicken Burger! Hahaha Sosyal! Jing decoded that early on in the counter - smart girl considering the alcohol and the time. (Naisip mo pa yun 'te) At least I got something not served in Manila. Was hoping they would have a McRib though.

photo from Google

In fairness, the sandwich was a decent size to satisfy my morning craving.

Barbecue grilled chicken thigh fillet with coleslaw and pickles. Nice western taste to it and the grilling gives it a diner-not-fastfood taste. Yum yum for HK$32 (including upsize).
Was supposed to get Sweet Potato pie but good thing I didn't coz I was so full. Jena got one and she said it was good naman. :)

Broke my rule of not eating at a fastfood joint when travelling but glad I got something I wish we had back in the Philippines. Healthier? I guess less calories than the McChicken Sandwich or Chicken Fillet Sandwich which I also both luuuuuuuuurv! :)

BTW, they didn't have Seaweed Shake Shake fries anymore when we were there. Sayang!

4 comments:

  1. Roki, are you still in HK? I will be in HK tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! i didn't expect makakasama si mcdo sa blog posts, haha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had the same thing in beijing. masarap siya di ba? slightly spicy :)

    this is the most reliable fastfood when traveling abroad. hope they offer the same thing here. my other wish is for them to put the nutrition details like in other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. weird naman the flavor of their shake shake fries

    ReplyDelete